Company: FirstKlass Shipping Specialist (https://www.firstklassuk.com/)
Job title: Operations Manager
Location: Accra Office, Ghana
Our client FirstKlass Shipping Specialist Limited is seeking to hire a Operations Manager.
The Company is a family run company registered in the UK and trading as World Klass Shipping Specialist in Ghana. The company is a fast-growing Door to Door Shipping Company.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of First Klass Shipping Specialist in Ghana. Reporting to the Director through the General Manager, the Operations Manager shall supervise the Operations Supervisor, Drivers and Delivery Personnel, Liaising with Agents to clear and monitor all containers from the port to the warehouse. The primary focus of this role is to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of all operational activities, including coordination, planning, and execution of deliveries within stipulated time.
Key duties and responsibilities
Supervise and provide guidance to the Operations Supervisor, Drivers, and Delivery Personnel.
- Oversee the entire operations process, from receipt of Containers at the Port to final delivery, ensuring adherence to quality, safety, and efficiency standards.
- Coordinate and schedule deliveries, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Work with the other managers to ensure that every item that arrives in a container is well received in the warehouse, assigned to a driver and scanned for delivery, including taking photos and recording confirmation of receipts by customers using the system.
- Ensure that delivery report is filled and prepared for every container after delivery at the end of every month.
- Implement and enforce operational policies, procedures, and best practices to
- Conduct quarterly, bi-annual and yearly performance evaluation of reports and provide training where gaps exist.
- Ensure maintenance of all vehicles, Trucks and Forklift and recommend development opportunities for the operations team.
- Collaborate with other Stakeholders and departments such as Clearing Agents, Mechanics, DVLA, Insurance, Government Authorities, Accounts and Customer service, to streamline processes and improve overall efficiency.
- Ensure timely payment of operational services.
- Other work-related duties to be assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in operations management, preferably in the shipping or logistics industry.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage a team and drive performance.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer systems and software applications related to
- Knowledge of local transportation regulations and customs procedures in
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
The gross salary range for the Operations Manager position is between GHS 6,223.00 to GHS 6,500.00 per month.
- Annual leave and public holiday entitlement.
- Annual Performance-based incentives/bonus.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- Company Car after probation.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter with (contact phone, three (3) referees contact & email address) on or before close of business on 15th December 2023.
Applications should be sent to:
The HR Manager
Successful candidates will be expected to commence work immediately. Due to anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.