Company: Exclusive White House Guest
Job title: Deputy General Manager
Our ref: GB-EWHG/Deputy GM/001/2017
Job location: Accra-Ghana
Our client Exclusive White House Guest (EWHG) was established in 2016 and has quickly become one of the leading accommodation providers in Accra, Ghana. With newly refurbished rooms and decor, the five bedroom guest house provides comfortable and serene ambiance including high quality customer service.
Located in Ashongman Hills, it is perfectly located for a fun-filled trip. With easy access to Central Accra, guest can visit the numerous sites including Aburi Botanical Gardens, The Wonderful Six-in-one Palm Tree and Accra Cultural Centre.
As part of efforts to enhance its operation, our client is seeking to engage the services of a Deputy General Manager to assist with general management and marketing of the guest house.
Reporting to the General Manager; the successful candidate shall inter alia perform the following duties:
- Assisting the General Manager in the day to day operations of the guest house
- Ensuring adherence to the guest policies and established operating procedures.
- Promoting the guest house widely within the industry and local community using all platforms including social media
- Following up with companies and businesses for occupancy of the guest house
- Ensuring rooms are always clean and well organized
- Monitoring guest feedback on the website
- Undertaking guest feedback and reaction on check-out
- Assisting the general manager in the receipt and resolution of guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Maintaining accurate records including cash flow sheet, guest records, operations etc,
- Take full responsibility to market the guest house widely
- Ensure full compliance of operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Assisting in brand positioning of Exclusive White House Guest
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensuring property, furniture, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard.
- Quarterly auditing of stock for all items to ensure ordering in advance in advance and replenishment
- Ensuring guest house staff are provided with uniforms and name tags, and uphold property grooming standards.
- Organize meetings to discuss performance of the guest house in the absence of the General Manager
- Assisting the general manager in all aspects of business planning.
- Supervising other guest house staff
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager or Management
Interested candidates should have a university degree or diploma in hotel/guest house management or related field. At least 2 or 3 years experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis on marketing.
An experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a guest house is a plus. Experience in financial accounting, personnel supervision and problem resolutions is added advantage. Excellent computer system and social media skills is required.
Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights. Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
Attractive and competitive.
Interested candidates should send their detailed curriculum vitae with contact
Phone numbers, details of at least three (3) referees and email address to the
below address on or before close of business on 22nd October 2017.
The HR Manager
GeniusBrain (Human Resource Solution)
For more information about the company visit https://www.ewhitehouseguest.com. Due to anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please quote the reference code of this vacancy in your application.